- Capital Investments will never ask for your User-ID and Password.
- You will never receive emails from Capital Investments asking you to log in to your Account.
- Make sure your PC is free of viruses regularly.
- We strongly recommend that you install trusted anti-virus software and firewall on your PC, and that you regularly update them.
- Capital Investments will never ask you for your details or login information via email.
- Select a password that is difficult for others to guess, and change it regularly.
- Your User-ID and Password should only be known to yourself. Never disclose them to anyone, or write them in an email.
- Remember to always log off from your account by clicking the ‘Sign out’ link in the top-right corner of the page.
- We recommend that you do not access the Online Trading service from Internet cafes or any other public places.
- Whenever you log in to the Online Trading service site, please verify the last log in date and time displayed on the home page.
- When logging into the Online Trading service site, look for the security certificate before entering the User-ID and Password. To view the security certificate, click on the ‘Lock’ icon at the top of the page if you are using Internet Explorer.
OVERVIEW OF TRANSACTION
Capital Investments was appointed as exclusive financial advisor in connection with the sale of 100% of the share capital of Jordan Magnesia Company (“JorMag”) to a third party buyer (the “Transaction”). Capital Investments conducted financial due diligence on JorMag (including a valuation for the Company) and made recommendations as to the positioning of the asset and sale strategy to maximize value. The sale process was conducted via international broad auction to reach a wide base of strategic investors.
After running the sale process competitively and involving 45+ investors internationally, JorMag received a binding offer from Manaseer Group for Industrial and Commercial Investments LLC (“Manaseer Group”) to acquire 100% of the share capital for a total consideration of US$12.5 million on cash-free, debt-free basis. Manaseer Group and JorMag entered into a mutually-satisfactory shares sale and purchase agreement (“SPA”) on December 22, 2016. The Transaction was effected and JorMag’s shares were transferred to Manaseer Group on February 2, 2017 pursuant to the provisions of the SPA and an escrow agreement.
SIGNIFICANCE OF TRANSACTION
JorMag is a strategic national asset that has unique concession rights to extract magnesium oxide from the resource-rich Dead Sea. The construction of JorMag’s plant was completed in 2004, however the plant never commenced with commercial operations due to certain design bottlenecks and rising fuel costs.
The sale of JorMag to Manaseer Group is considered an achievement of national significance. The rehabilitation and restart of JorMag’s plant under the new management shall help the country with creating jobs, improving employment rates, and contributing to the national budget by paying mining royalties.
CAPITAL INVESTMENTS’ ROLE
Capital Investments acted as the exclusive financial advisor to JorMag and its majority shareholder Arab Potash Company in connection with the Transaction.