- Capital Investments will never ask for your User-ID and Password.
- You will never receive emails from Capital Investments asking you to log in to your Account.
- Make sure your PC is free of viruses regularly.
- We strongly recommend that you install trusted anti-virus software and firewall on your PC, and that you regularly update them.
- Capital Investments will never ask you for your details or login information via email.
- Select a password that is difficult for others to guess, and change it regularly.
- Your User-ID and Password should only be known to yourself. Never disclose them to anyone, or write them in an email.
- Remember to always log off from your account by clicking the ‘Sign out’ link in the top-right corner of the page.
- We recommend that you do not access the Online Trading service from Internet cafes or any other public places.
- Whenever you log in to the Online Trading service site, please verify the last log in date and time displayed on the home page.
- When logging into the Online Trading service site, look for the security certificate before entering the User-ID and Password. To view the security certificate, click on the ‘Lock’ icon at the top of the page if you are using Internet Explorer.
OVERVIEW OF TRANSACTION
On November 14, 2016, Gulf Capital announced the acquisition of a controlling stake in Sporter.com. Sporter.com is the leading online retailer of sports and nutrition supplements in the GCC and has exclusive distribution rights in the Middle East for all major global brands in the sports nutrition sector. Gulf Capital is one of the largest and most active alternative investment firms in the Middle East.
SIGNIFICANCE OF TRANSACTION
A strategic investment from Gulf Capital will help Sporter.com to grow its position as the leading online destination for health and nutrition supplements in the GCC and MENA region. An investment in Sporter.com gives Gulf Capital’s investors exposure to both the rapidly growing digital economy and the booming sports nutrition sector in the GCC. Working with Sporter.com’s talented management team, Gulf Capital will grow the business through capitalizing on the market potential, geographic diversification, product expansion and further developing the addressable market.
CAPITAL INVESTMENTS’ ROLE
Capital Investments’ Dubai affiliate, Capital Bank Corporate Advisory (DIFC), acted as exclusive financial advisor to Sporter.com in the sale transaction.